Saturday, December 1, 2012

Colouring her world

First she drew a circle, anti-clockwise. Then, she said she was adding an eye, and then another eye. I asked if she thought she might add a mouth. A smile twitched at the corners of her own mouth, and her little index finger came up toward me. I asked if her person had any hair, and she chanted 'zig-zag, zig-zag' as the tresses of golden hair fell around the face. I knew I would have to be quick-pronto with the camera, as very soon lines were all over and through it.

5 comments:

Jo said...

a great drawing for someone so young.

Julie said...

Yes, well ... I thought so. I had her all day today, and all night, as her mother had food poisoning for 48 hours.

Unknown said...

I do so love this drawing.

I could have done without the food poisoning though.

Julie said...

I have cajoled here to replicate it (again) with absolutely no success. However, todays theatrical performances were a push into another area! And I have a PUnch'n'Judy screen to use at Castelcrag .... somehow.

Tiago said...

I love children! I remember my son years ago building houses with his toys, and now he is a
top real estate agents in sidney haha. They are a lot of work, but children are worthy!!