Thursday, November 22, 2012

Soundtrack of her day


Enduring months of being under ther pervidious influence of the lingo of real-estate agents, over the weekend I reorganised my sunroom and carved out a painting nook! It is enclosed on three sides, with equipment arrayed within easy reach. The floor is easiy wiped tiles. There was one thing I did not realise, however.


It is within easy earshot of the CD within my computer. So yesterday, Alannah wanted to paint, and she wanted to do it to a soundtrack. I have copies here of some of the CDs her mother has at home, and the CD of choice yesterday was the 'Disney Classic Collection'. As she painted, she danced and sang, to the music. Here she is dancing and singing to 'The Cat Song' from 'Lady and the Tramp' - 'We are Siam-ese if you plea-ese ... ".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it. I can just see her bopping away. I think we shall need an activities cubby house down in the garden... away from the floorboards and walls...

Julie said...

She bopped along to two tunes in particular, and I thought the other had something to do with Dumbo's ears ... but cannot find it.

diane b said...

You are so lucky to have such bonding with her. She sure is a cutie. Did the painting reflect the music. One of our activities in Art lectures at college was to draw lines to different music. It was fun.

freefalling said...

I used to love that song when I was a kid. Plus it's a little bit creepy.

Joan Elizabeth said...

She sure knows what she wants. She is at such a cute age.

Jo said...

You are such a wonderful Ma, you two must have so much fun together. You must sleep well after your day with her..

Julie said...

Do I what! I had her Mon/Tues/Wed this week and slept for over 10 hours each night. Unheard of!!