Friday, August 28, 2009

The nest prior to nesting


Taken during the initial inventory inspection, these images show the living area. Essentially, I live in one big room: a studio if you will. The stairs are very steep and do not have a balaustrade. The main doors open to the south making the interior a little dark.



The first shot was taken on WB=cloudy and the rest on WB=Fluoro which explains the difference in warmth. Next I will show shots of the garden and then come back inside and show you the nest after it has been twigged up!

6 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

The nest looks nice and inviting but the stairs a bid dodgey.

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for these. I much prefer an open floor plan to a lot of little rooms. I'd knock out some of my walls if I wasn't afraid they're holding something up. Like the roof.

Martina said...

Yes, I was waiting too. And of course I stumbled over the "doors opening to the South making it dark" - but only for two seconds, ;-).
It looks very nice indeed - esp. the blue/yellow kitchen units and the wooden floor. And the doors. Hmm, anything left? ;-)

freefalling said...

It's so cute!
Perfect.
You have an attic bedroom??

thestozz said...

Reminds me of Bag End.

Julie said...

Yes, the stairs are a challenge but I have mastered them.

I wanted to knock out walls in my old place, too. This is just perfect for a single person. A single person with two cats.

Yes, I have an attic bedroom. An a-line actually although the agents list this design as NY loft-style or mezzanine. Huh!!

Yes, my lovely: Bag-end is just right for this little Baggins ...