Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Long handled duster


In the mail today arrived a package of "Thou shalt do's" from the exiting real-estate agent. The missive is 7 pages in length. I could be a shit tenant; I could be a good tenant. All are treated equally: we will scarper leaving the place looking like a pig-sty.

Here be an example:
Window furnishings
Curtains to be washed/cry cleaned and re-hung
Venetian blinds to be properly cleaned, preferably professionally. They may be carefully taken down and washed outside. Particular attention should be paid to the area behind the tapes.
Holland blinds to be cleaned professionally and rehung.
Venetian blinds wiped clean and rehung.
If you have removed any curtains or blinds belonging to the premises, please ensure they are re-hung prior to vacating.
Now my problem is this. The curtain in the front room was hanging from a piece of electrical wiring that was poking through a hole punched through the plaster and suspended from a ceiling strutt. When I had the place repainted upon moving in - from grecian-urn blue to antique white - I requested they plaster the hole and I would reassemble the rod from a stay that I would assemble and attach above the window jambe. I wonder if this should be rehung as was?

It could be arranged ...

8 comments:

Martina said...

LOL - I can't believe it, you are moving today and you are filling all your blogs with posts, :-).

However, I wanted to wish you a not-so-stressful day today, keep cool, hm?
I also wanted to send an e-card, but hey, no emailadress anywhere, so this has to do:

moving sheep ... reminded me of you (not the sheep, no): it's a sheep moving .. has packed its garden, its fence, its rolled sod ... :-)

Julie said...

I love the rolled sod ... I told you this keeps me sane. It will be one of the last things I turn off. The last will be the heater that my cats adore!

jdotstorryatusyddotedudotau

Anonymous said...

Whaaaaat? Holes in the arse, they are.

Best wishes on the move.

Joan Elizabeth said...

7 pages! I've rented quite a lot of places and never had detailed instructions like that.

I reckon the owner and agent are going to be a bit horrified to see the place back to it's former self once the garden is all rolled up and taken away. Though of course, as you say it's not really going to be possible to restore it fully to its old glory.

Endless Waterfall said...

New place sounds & looks (well, the location of it) lovely. Secluded and yet close enough to 'civilisation' if you want some people around you :-)

I'd offer to help with moving but it's a bit far away. Although the way things are going over here we might have to make our Trip Around The World soon rather than in a few years' time....

Anyway, I hope you'll be happy there with cats & garden. Sounds lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well.

Julie said...

Yep ... all is well. Brilliant, actually.

Just don't have www at home yet. Long story ...

Thanks for the offer DC: you do have your hands full though!

Anonymous said...

I have read all of your other voices now. The photos, haiku and poetry are wonderful - so expressive. Most of all, I found myself drawn to the warm, comfortable feeling of this blog. Your creativity shines in every photo. You have a true knack for design and gardening. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with your new home. Hope you are getting settled in and the "kids" are warm!