Friday, February 27, 2009

A moveable feast


I treat my rear courtyard a little like a living room: when I get depressed I change the furntiture!

It gets a lot of sun, so I have an umbrella. It is visually private but aurally not so. When I arrived it was totally overrun with weeds and unformed. I evened out the surface and scrounged around the neighbourhood for bricks that looked good. This is the rear of the terrace which - as you might suspect from the ground level being half-way up the wall - suffers from terrible rising damp. However, after about 130 years, it is still standing.

3 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

Looks European. You've clearly worked wonders on this spot.

Nancy said...

This is lovely! I really treasure our patio and entertain there quite a bit. We just put up a huge fence to give us privacy as well.

Wish I could join you for that glass of wine!

Baron's Life said...

Formidable shot...Just love it