Friday, October 15, 2010

My courtyard jungle


Interesting progress in the case of the purple Iris from the previous post. The flowers last about 24 hours and then seem to self-implode - closing in on themselves, a bit like melting glass. This then gives rise to the next flush of blooms, which I expect to see over the weekend.

My courtyard is a bit purple and yellow at the moment, as you can see. The spray of flowers in the final photograph is from one of my olive trees. When I left for Europe, the tiny blooms were opening. Now the trees are awash with the blooms at the end of their cycle. Next is the wait to see how many fruit set for 2010. From memory I had about 40 last year.

5 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

My garden is looking like a jungle ... the grass has gone mad. Maybe it will be sunny enough to do something about it this weekend.

Julie said...

Mmm ... have you tracked the BoM during today? The weekend is not looking good ... although much worse down where Letty is.

Anonymous said...

Purple and yellow are perhaps my favorite color combination. They increase each other's voltage.

diane b said...

Jungles everywhere. The weeds have gone berserk in my garden and my back is too sore to do anything about it..darn. Love your pansy and rose as well as the olive branch.

Julie said...

What did you do to your back? Lift young Fox too much?