Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ready for La France


All is in readiness for my departure to La France this coming Saturday morning. My house-sitters arrive in the early morning, I introduce them to the cats, show them around, answer their queries, and then I am off.


I have weeded out the weeds and the underperformers. I have trimmed and fertilised. I have tracked the trajectory of the sun and moved the 'orchard' into the warm corner. All is ready ...

When I return, I will go for a few more annuals and maybe - maybe - have a try at a 'grosse lizzie' tomato. I am reading 'Hunters and Gatherers' whilst away. That old lady had a wonderful garden in the film. I hope they describe it in the book.

Tirrah ...

7 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

Look at all that freshly weeded and watered loveliness and a purring cat as well. All perfect and nothing like my wilderness. Have a great trip.

Janice said...

Wonderful garden and ginger tabby! Have a great trip.

freefalling said...

Woo Hoo!
Ready to G - O.
You're very organized - I bet you even have your bag packed already - I'm a "throw everything in a suitcase 20 minutes before you leave" type of person.
Bon voyage.

Julie said...

Yes, I used to do that - right up until this trip. Night before - she'll be right, mate. This trip, however, I have a check list!!

Everything is in piles around my bedroom. I will do some ironing in a sec and then this evening the final selections. Just been to K-mart for the final plastic zip-lock thingies ...

Got the netbook working, and now need to practice Skyping ... hee hee hee ...

Joan Elizabeth said...

Yep you need skype so you can travel and visit your grandaughter at the same time.

diane b said...

Woo hoo not long now , don't forget a power plug converter so you can charge phone , camera and netbook. We took two.

Julie said...

Ooo ... had not thought of the need fopr multiples ... I have a couple of europeans so should be fine ... will adjust the list!!