Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On yer marks


The arrival of Spring is a onestepforward onestepback process. The days are slowly getting warmer, but the winds are strill and bitter. I have trimmed, repotted, fertilised and weeded. All is ready. The African Violet on the sill beside my computer is a joy in waiting.


The avocado and the fig are filled with Thomas' 'green fuse'. Remember when the avocado was but a sluice of slime in a bottle?

And the olive trees are being their usual mediterranean selves: promising much, flaunting their fertility, but wisely producing much more than they need 'just in case'. Let's hope they all thrive during my absence in La Republique.

3 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

Lovely to watch all those little green shoots. Our pines were swooshing all night ... I love the sound when I am rugged up warm in bed.

Janice said...

I love your photographs, especially the African violet. I'll be back for more of your artistry.

diane b said...

You have been busy. I have yet to prepare the garden for Spring. I was lucky that it rained while I was away. I love the furry texture that you have captured so well in the first photo.