Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Care and responsibility


This was taken on Tuesday evening, yesterday. I have not seen him since he scarpered up those stairs and out of sight. I have checked the roadside gutters. I will give him more time. Having heard that animals can somehow navigate their way home, tomorrow I will go over to Kirsten's apartment to check. Then, I guess, I have to ring them.

And I think he was having a good time, at least he said he was.
Bugger ...

Thurs 31 December
Still no sign when I awoke, so went around the back and through all the lanes and alleys. Nothing. I texted D&K. I walked over to Double Bay and combed the joint: inside, on the balcony, in the fire-well, in the garbage disposal area, in the gutters. Nothing.

Let K&D know again. This afternoon. I pinned up two MISSING posters on poles in walkway areas. Then combed the area again taking a wider arc and walking down every every every alley I noticed. I cannot see his body in any gutters.

I met a lady who said there is a pack of feral cats down near White City, cross Alma Street, walk alongside the murrayas, cross the little bridge and then stand there ever so quiet. They will come out. Won't let you get within a bull's roar though. I will do this tomorrow.

Fri 1 January
Wrote out two more big posters for light poles. One outside the corner store. Spoke with two neighbours. Wrote out 16 smaller notes and put them into letter boxes on either side and me being on a corner are the wedge. Looked over the large grounds of the nursing home where my Dad is. Nothing.

Nothing nothing nothing.

6 comments:

diane b said...

He is handsome hope he comes back before the firworks really scare him away.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I suppose there's also the possibility someone else took him into their home. Sometimes when I find a stray dog it takes me several days to find the owner.

Martina said...

Hope you did find him by now!

I came here to wish you a happy New Year (seeing from altadenahiker's comment that I am much too late for your side of the world, ;-)) - hope you had a nice start into 2010.
I am looking forward to seeing and reading your witty intelligent funny creative postings the next 12 months!

freefalling said...

oh poop. He might just be having a wander for a few days - they do that, right?
Hope he comes home soon.

Julie said...

Oh poop is about right! He could come back anytime now. Like right now!!

Martina said...

:-)