Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My courtyard


Here are my new digs with my persona starting to show. I do have a table to go with the black chairs but have to use that inside until I find a dining room table I like. I have a dining room. A dining room!

A sunroom. A laundry. A courtyard.
A dining room. A living room. A kitchen.
A bedroom. A bathroom.

Each area is quite commodious to these eyes.

This is the largest footprint I have held sway over for quite sometime. The tiling is a very mediterranean thing to do (the owner is Greek) but it is easy to clean and the cats love its coolness.

I waited for a bus to come past to show you how far I have to walk! It is only one bus route: the 389, which meanders charmingly through Paddington.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back home and feeling better. You've done a lot of work. Your courtyard is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Total transformation. The benches do much to define the space.

Martina said...

It's wonderful! I really like it! These kind of benches are called "beer benches" in Germany because they are used in German beer gardens, ;-)

Julie said...

As you can see, I have yet to work out how to keep my umbrella "officially" upright. I did have a table that went with the benches that had a hole through it. However, that is what my computer is now on.

I will sort it in the next little while as the hot weather will be permanently upon us probably from the end of this week!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Julie, what a transformation!! The neighbours are going to love the way you have beautified their world. I think the tiles will work well in a Sydney home.

Ann said...

Its lovely. You've done really well.

freefalling said...

Oh wow!
This one is even better than the last one!!
And look how fabulous it looks now you've foofed it all up with your stuff!
I hope you love living there.
How's your wobbles?

Julie said...

My wobbles are not so crash hot.

I had an Audio Test and a Balance Test today. I now have to go back and have another balance test on Tuesday.

This is now being related to the fact that I suffer both car and sea sickness. The peripheral neuropathy is related, too, in that it is looking like a problem with the autoimunne system. I did not know that migranes can disappear, go feral, and return in another manifestation in the body.

Fascinating shit ... although still a bucketful of symptoms and NFI of a diagnosis.

freefalling said...

Poop.