Saturday, September 19, 2009

Blighters!


That cat has a need to know everything that I do! Blame the wonky focus on her ... chemicals, nibbles, silver trail ... just no carcasses ... they seem to have melted into the shade of the soil.

... *evil laugh* ...

Here is another problem brewing: cute maybe, but I think this fellow is the cause of black soot on my lemons and limes. Here he is on the lemon tree which has a smaller flower and many many more of them. Now that I have found this blighter, I note that the lower leaves are covered with a liquid and THAT liquid is what ferments (!?) black mould. Maybe I should research this ... need to take action before I go to Tasmania for 10 days next weekend. My housesitter will not even notice this sort of problem!

3 comments:

Martina said...

Hmmm - perhaps these are this really small white slugs? About 1cm of length? I once found one in fresh basil from the supermarket - brrrr ... . Around here we have the really ugly brown and black fat slugs - the never feast on basil but on every flower they come across .... . We Germans fight them with beer traps, btw - don't know if this really works , *g* Good night! :-)

Julie said...

ciao!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Bugs are incredibly fascinating ... I don't much worry about their destructive habits but I'm not a gardener :-)