Sunday, May 24, 2009

Succulents


Somewhere between 15 and 20 of these little fellas sprouted from the mother plant: umbilicalled over the planter edge like a lost platoon. Being an asiduous little green thumb, I unceremoniously transplanted a dozen: whoosh "you can try that finger-hole for size" type of transplant. You know what's coming, don't you. What do I do with a dozen of 'em?


And the one next to (as well as in the centre of) the "the little blighters" is no better. My guess is the mother plant split into 6 of these prehistoric beauties. Mother lode, I guess it is called.

2 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

I could do with the "spares" there's plenty of spare space in my garden.

It's not just the Mother Lode, you are obviously a very good garden mother.

Martina said...

Haha, you could send them to Germany - be assured: they do not survive the winter.
And no, I am not going to take a picture of the only survivor ... :-( ... am I? ;-)