Friday, March 12, 2010

Now for a sharp cheddar & CSM blend


Twenty days in a brine that was changed every other day. Read the recipe from the ABC site again, and decided to wing it. My usual method.

Mixed a big slurp of extra-virgin olive oil with a small slurp of raspberry vinegar. A good sprinkle of cracked black pepper, about 8 or so cloves of garlic roughly sliced. A generous handful of oregano straight from the garden, chopped but not finely. Shake all together. Pour over olives, put lid on and store on bench not in fridge.

Now to wait for a week and then devour them out in the courtyard with Mel Torme drifting out from the radiogram.

12 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

Well they sound delicious even if I don't like olives.

Martina said...

That is very nice - have you ever thought about starting a foodie-blog? ;-) I like the accompanying text, it suits the photo - series very well ... foodie-blog?? ;-)

freefalling said...

Oh they look WONDERFUL.
I LOVE marinated olives.
Have you sneaked a taste yet?

Julie said...

Yes, I love marinated olives too, but not too vinegary. I tasted one this afternoon and these are quite garlicy. I am hoping that the oregano may show up by the end of the week.

I think I will partner with goat's cheese and plain water crackers.

Julie said...

Marina, foodie-blog is the way to say it.

I am not really a foodie. I do not experiment enough. My daughter does but she is a very haphazard blogger.

She and I should probably combine!

diane b said...

Yum Yum I'll join you!

Sharon Creech said...

Your photos are so enticing. . .mm, mm.

Julie said...

I just knew I could rely on Diane to join moi!!

Ann said...

Oh, YUM!

Ann said...

Oh, YUM!

Julie said...

Normally I just delete duplications, but in this case I think it good commentary ...

ellieshine said...

Oh YUM! (seriously, and just kiddin'!)

These photos really do make my mouth water! Oh YUM!