Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Metamorphosis


It had to happen, of course. That my courtyard garden change into a toddler's playground. Oh, the plants are all still there. They are still growing, and being infested, and flowering, or not. The veggies were a one-season wonder. I get more pleasure from the annuals and the succulents. And they have fewer bugs.


But now that I have a toddler over to play twice a week, THAT is the focus of my courtyard. So, I have decided to transfer the stories about our play-dates from 'Plumbing' to 'Dolwendee'. Back in the years 1982 to 1985 I ran a Family Day Care in my garden in St Ives. The house there was transformed, too. Down on side, there was a go-cart track, with tyres, and planks and a skid pattern into the wall at the bottom. I guess you could say that I have form.

Anyways, look at the difference between these images of Alannah painting, and the shots last week of her first foray (at Ma's place) into painting. For starters, we ditched the smock. Mainly because Alannah insisted 'No more'. Then we got proper artists brushes rather than brushes used by house-painters. And and and ... I put loads my paint into the pots, which caused her to grunt with pleasure.

*Hand on heart* ... this was all Alannah's work, this painting. I did not guide the brush in any way. She would look at me in that way that says 'are you nuts?'

4 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

Yep you can tell she's liking it. A felt board ... not seen one of them in a long while.

Jo said...

an artist in the making, and same I haven't seen a felt board since I was a kid.

Kay L. Davies said...

I remember felt boards at Sunday School in the 1950s. A good idea for Alannah.
She sure seems to love painting, and what a treasure she is for you, Julie. I have to admit to a decided bias in favour of bright, creative children with active imaginations, even if they also have very definite opinions of the world and the people around them!
Luv, K

Anonymous said...

Heeeyyyy, I didn't know you were moving it. I was looking on Plumbing.

I love seeing her painting the artworks I see at the end of the day.